Paperback Book Printing
Paperback book printing and binding by Doxdirect. Our simple method of upload, customise and order will turn your Word, PDF or Powerpoint document into a fantastic looking paperback book. Whether you require just a single copy or you’re the next J.K. Rowling ready to take the world by storm, and need a million copies printing and binding! Every one of our durable, hard-wearing paperback books is handmade to ensure the highest quality and finish to your products. A more economical option than hardback book binding, but one that would look just as good on any bookshop shelf or the most glamorous of coffee tables.
Doxdirect prints perfect bound paperback books in A5 and A4 sizes with a colour cover as standard and 100gsm weight plain paper. It is also possible to increase the paper weight to 120gsm plain if you want to add a touch more quality to your book. For full colour print, 130gsm satin paper offers a soft sheen professional appearance.
What does Perfect Bound mean?
Perfect binding is a method of book binding in which the pages (or leaves) of the book are bound together and secured to the spine and covers using glue, rather than by sewing. The glue is a thermal glue, which is strong yet flexible, allowing the book to bend at the same time as providing a secure binding. With paperback (or softcover) books the inner pages are glued together and the covers and spine are affixed, before the book is trimmed on the three unbound edges to give a ‘perfect’ finish.
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
Black & White
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
Paperback with spine
Quantity / Pages
10 pages to 292 pages
20 pages to 584 pages
- Covers can be created from the first and last pages of your document or you can use our Cover Design Tool to create a cover for your book
- Covers are printed in colour as standard
- Covers are matt or gloss laminated
- Inside front and back covers are white as standard (unprinted)
- Contents can be printed in either colour or black and white
- Pages can be printed double or single sided
Book cover design
- Doxdirect offers a free online book cover design service, so you can easily design a book cover in your browser while placing your order. You can choose to design a complete cover from scratch, upload pre-designed artwork, use the first and last pages of your document as the front and back covers, or simply choose to have blank covers. See our creating a cover for your book page to find out how.
You may also be interested in
In addition to creating beautiful paperback books, Doxdirect offers a range of binding styles and printing options for whatever you need. We offer hardback book binding, spiral and ring binding as well as saddle stitched binding.