Unbound Document Printing
If you want to print loose leaf pages and simply require fuss-free, high-quality printed documents, then select unbound document printing.
This covers document printing, flyer printing, leaflet printing, small format poster printing and anything else you want to put on A6, A5, A4 or A3 unbound sheets. If you require larger sizes (A2, A1 or A0) or lamination, please see our poster printing page.
If you require waterproof documents, we recommend encapsulation as the plastic coating is thicker, of approximately 300 microns (0.30mm), and it seals over the edges of the document.
It is also possible to hole punch your documents (available only for A5 and A4), if you would like to add them to an existing ring binder folder.
The weight of the paper is measured in ‘gsm’ which means grams per square metre. For example, 80gsm means 80 grams of paper per square metre, which is a thin paper, and 300gsm means 300 grams per square metre, which is a thin card.
The paper weights available are:
- 80gsm: Standard paper, suitable for single use documents, such as tickets, boarding passes etc
- 120gsm & 130gsm: Slightly thicker, suitable if you’d like a higher quality finish, for instance letters, forms and CVs
- 160gsm & 170gsm: Thick papers, perfect for a flyer or leaflet
- 300gsm: Thin card, perfect for certificates, photo prints or small size posters
The paper finishes we offer are:
- Plain – matt and bright white, better for large amounts of text
- Satin – soft sheen, off-white, ideal for full coverage
- You can upload PDF, Word, Powerpoint, JPEG or PNG files. The maximum file size we can accept is 1GB
- Size of artwork should be ideally 1:1 or it will be resized in pro for printing. If the uploaded file is an A size it will be printed edge-to-edge
- Please provide a bleed of 3mm around all edges of your design if possible, or just have our system create bleed for you automatically
- Your artwork should least 150 dpi, for best results we recommend 300 dpi minimum
- Ideally leave a 5mm margin around the edges
Options summary for unbound document printing
Size / Orientation
A6, A5, A4, A3
Portrait or landscape
Colour / Black & White
80gsm White Plain
120gsm White Plain
130gsm White Satin
160gsm White Plain
170gsm White Satin
300gsm White Plain
300gsm White Satin
Quantity / Pages
Min 1 page / Max unlimited
What can I use Unbound Documents documents for?
If your document is going to be a full colour leaflet then we recommend printing on a 130gsm satin, also if it's a double-sided flyer then a 170gsm satin would work well. However, if the document will be written or drawn on, then it's a good idea to order an 80, 120, or 160gsm plain paper.
An invitation or order of service can look very professional printed on 300gsm or 400gsm white plain card for the uncoated look or 300 or 400gsm satin for a bit more of a sheen.
We print a wide variety of posters. If you are printing a poster then ordering a heavier weight paper can give sturdiness and longevity to your artwork, especially for an art print, wall art or certificate.
Printing a photo gallery for your wall is easy with Doxdirect, just choose 170gsm satin or heavier, and get photo quality prints delievered straight to your door.
A letter, newsletter or form can be printed on an 80gsm plain or satin, convienent for folding. 80 or 120gsm is also perfect for kid's activity sheets, colouring pages and handouts. Papercraft would also work well at 80, 120gsm, or 130gsm satin.
If you print a menu, then A4 or A5 is a good size for perusing at a table.
Postcards can be printed at A6 size on a heavy 400gsm paper, ready to be written on or framed.