Hardback Book Printing
Doxdirect book printing services uses a simple upload, customise and order process to turn your documents into beautiful, bookshop quality hardback books. We hand-make all our hardcover books to ensure the highest quality and finish to your documents. As well as providing excellent quality hardback book printing and book binding, our online Cover Design Tool – which allows you to create or customise the cover of your book – makes us a very popular choice of hardback book printers online. Because this is a digital printing service, Doxdirect can offer offer low number print runs, even one-off hardback book printing if you only require one copy of your masterpiece!
Our hardback books are printed and perfect bound by hand at A5 and A4 sizes in both landscape and portrait orientation, with a left hand binding edge. Finish it with a high gloss or matt laminate to achieve the perfect look. When choosing hardback book binding you can upload a different size document to the size you wish to have it printed. For example, you can upload an A4 size document to print at A5 size and vice versa (please be aware that scaling up too much may result in a loss of quality, particularly with images and graphics).
What does Perfect Binding mean?
Perfect binding is a method of book binding in which the pages (or leaves) of the book are bound together and secured to the spine and covers using glue, rather than by sewing. The glue is a thermal glue, which is stong yet flexible, allowing the book to bend at the same time as providing a secure binding. With hardback (or hardcover) books the inner pages are glued and then trimmed on three edges to give a ‘perfect’ finish, before the covers and spine are affixed by hand.
Options for hardback book printing
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
Black & White
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
Hardback with spine
Quantity / Pages
10 pages to 292 pages
20 pages to 584 pages
- Covers can be created from the first and last pages of your document or you can use our Cover Design Tool to create a cover for your book
- Covers are printed in colour as standard
- Covers are matt or gloss laminated
- Inside front and back covers are white as standard (unprinted)
- Contents can be printed in either colour or black and white
- Pages can be printed double or single sided
Book cover design
- Doxdirect offers a free online book cover design service, so you can easily design a book cover in your browser while placing your order. You can choose to design a complete cover from scratch, upload pre-designed artwork, use the first and last pages of your document as the front and back covers, or simply choose to have blank covers. See our creating a cover for your book page to find out how.
You may also be interested in
In addition to creating beautiful hardback books, Doxdirect offers a range of binding options and printed products for whatever you need. We offer paperback book binding, spiral and ring binding, as well as saddle stitched binding. Please see the binding options page for further information on any of these binding styles. If you need a certain type of product printing, for example brochures, flyers, posters or dissertation printing please see our product overview page for more information.