Doxdirect offers online book printing and book binding so you can transform your documents into beautiful, handmade paperback and hardback books that would fit right in nestled on any bookshop shelf.
Whether you’re creating your school yearbook, turning your gap-year journal into something really special, publishing your memoirs or unleashing your dissertation on the world, you can use our single copy book printing service to order from as little as 1 copy, or a full run of tens, hundreds or thousands!
As with all Doxdirect orders, you can customise your book with options like full colour or black and white contents and covers, as well as matt or gloss laminated covers to achieve the required look and feel of your product. You can also use our online Cover Design Tool to create a personalised cover for your book.
Book printing is perfect for…
Turning your diary or journal, collection of favourite recipes, PhD thesis, or that novel that has always been inside you, into a high-quality hardback or paperback book. Some Doxdirect customers have used our single copy book printing service to create comics, graphic novels, coffee table books, photobooks, Valentine’s Day gifts or birthday presents for their loved ones, historical records or other hobby related subjects.
Perfect binding for book printing
At Doxdirect we specialise in perfect binding for A4 and A5 size paperback and hardback books. Perfect binding means that the pages of the book are printed and folded in sections, and then bonded together with a strong yet flexible glue, which also fixes them to the hardback or paperback cover. The three edges of the inner pages are trimmed before being attached to the cover, resulting in a perfectly neat edge on all sides – hence the name ‘perfect’ binding. If you have any existing books that you’d like to have a go at repairing yourself, please see our blog post on book binding DIY!
Options for book printing
Black & White
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
100-130gsm (plain or satin)
Quantity / Pages
10 pages to 300 pages
20 pages to 600 pages
Book printing features
- Covers are printed in colour as standard
- Covers can be created from the first and last pages of your document
- Covers can be finished in gloss or matt laminate
- Contents can be printed in either colour or black/white
- Pages can be printed double or single sided
Book cover design
- Doxdirect offers a free online book cover design service, so you can easily design a book cover in your browser while placing your order. You can choose to design a complete cover from scratch, upload pre-designed artwork, use the first and last pages of your document as the front and back covers, or simply choose to have blank covers. See our creating a cover for your book page to find out how.
You may also be interested in
In addition to book printing, Doxdirect offers a range of binding styles and printing options for whatever you need. We offer paperback book binding, spiral/wire and ring binding as well as saddle stitched binding. Please see the binding options page for further information on any of these binding styles. If you need a certain type of product printing, for example brochures, flyers, posters or dissertation printing please see our product overview page for more information.