Unbound Document Printing
If you want to print loose leaf pages and simply require fuss-free, high-quality printed documents, then select unbound document printing.
This covers document printing, flyer printing, leaflet printing, small format poster printing and anything else you want to put on A6, A5, A4 or A3 unbound sheets. If you require larger sizes (A2, A1 or A0) or lamination, please see our poster printing page.
If you require waterproof documents, we recommend encapsulation as the plastic coating is thicker, of approximately 300 microns (0.30mm), and it seals over the edges of the document.
It is also possible to hole punch your documents (available only for A5 and A4), if you would like to add them to an existing ring binder folder.
The weight of the paper is measured in ‘gsm’ which means grams per square metre. For example, 80gsm means 80 grams of paper per square metre, which is a thin paper, and 300gsm means 300 grams per square metre, which is a thin card.
The paper weights available are:
- 80gsm: Standard paper, suitable for single use documents, such as tickets, boarding passes etc.
- 120gsm & 130gsm: Slightly thicker, suitable if you’d like a higher quality finish, for instance letters, forms and CVs.
- 160gsm & 170gsm: Thick papers, perfect for a flyer or leaflet.
- 300gsm: Thin card, perfect for certificates, photo prints or small size posters.
The paper finishes we offer are:
- Plain – matt and bright white, better for large amounts of text
- Satin – soft sheen, off-white, ideal for full coverage
- You can upload PDF, Word, Powerpoint, JPEG or PNG files. The maximum file size we can accept is 1GB.
- Size of artwork should be ideally 1:1 or it will be resized in pro for printing. If the uploaded file is an A size it will be printed edge-to-edge.
- Please provide a bleed of 3mm around all edges of your design if possible, or just have our system create bleed for you automatically.
- Your artwork should least 150 dpi, for best results we recommend 300 dpi minimum.
- Ideally leave a 5mm margin around the edges.
Options summary for unbound document printing
Size / Orientation
A6, A5, A4, A3
Portrait or landscape
Colour / Black & White
80gsm White Plain
120gsm White Plain
130gsm White Satin
160gsm White Plain
170gsm White Satin
300gsm White Plain
300gsm White Satin
Quantity / Pages
Min 1 page / Max unlimited
You may also be interested in
In addition to loose leaf printing, Doxdirect offers a range of binding styles and printing options for whatever you need. We offer paperback book binding, spiral/wire and ring binding as well as saddle stitched binding. Please see the binding options page for further information on any of these binding styles. If you need a certain type of product printing, for example brochures, flyers, posters or dissertation printing please see our product overview page for more information.