Online booklet printing styles
Doxdirect provides quick, affordable and easy to use online booklet printing services for businesses and home users. Upload your document, select your printing and binding options, tell us a posting address, and you’re done!
- Cost effective alternative
- A5, A4 or A3
- Printed or acetate covers available
- Use tabs to separate sections or chapters
- Only £1.74*
- Premium alternative
- A5 or A4, 20 pages minimum
- Laminated colour cover included
- Cover design tool available online
- Only £6.50*
* Price per copy when ordering 10 black and white booklets, 32 pages each. For any other document setup, please use the instant price calculator on this page.
Things to consider
- How many pages do you have? As seen from the options above, your online booklet printing choice can depend on how big your booklet is going to be.
- You’ll want your booklet to look sharp. Images are great attention grabbers. Resolutions above 300dpi work great. You’ve also got to pick a font that is attention-grabbing without being distracting. Most people prefer 10-12 point fonts, but if you’ve got an older audience, large print makes for an easier read.
- If you decide to go with the Saddle Stitched option, because of the way it's printed (see below), the number of pages should be divisible by 4. Don't worry too much if it's not, as our system will detect it and insert blanks at the end of your document to fix it.
What exactly is a saddle stitched booklet?
Each multiple of 4 pages of the document is printed double sided on a single sheet of paper, and this sheet is called a signature. The number of pages in a booklet document must be divisible by 4, so a 32 page document would have 8 signatures. These signatures are folded and gathered together or collated. These gathered signatures are now known as a section, and this section is dropped on a ‘saddle’. Stitching heads then thread wire from a spool and these shorts wires are cinched to form the recognisable staples in a booklet. Hence the term 'saddle stitched booklet.'
Why order your booklets from Doxdirect?Simply pick the best option for you, and order your booklet printing online. We’ll take care of the rest. Remember:
- If you don’t love your booklets, we will reprint it or refund you.
- There’s no minimum order. We’ll print one copy, if that’s what you want.
- No registration required. Just upload your documents and place your order.
- Free UK shipping on orders of £5 or more.
- If you order before 2pm, you can get it next day.
- Instant online quotes let you know where you stand.